my name is Žiga and I'm an experienced UI web developer.
I have been working in the web industry for the past years, for the last years as a freelancer.
Want to hire me?
Years in the
Years of Active
Cups of coffee
My main strengths
- strong understanding of developing for the web and a careful eye for design,
- exceptional ability to translate designs into semantic, accessible front-end code,
- strong understanding of modern web technologies and workflows,
- strong understanding of mobile and responsive design and development practices,
- solid understanding of designing in a browser,
- solid understanding of integration or modification of front-end code with CMSs,
- solid understanding of SEO,
- strong understanding and appreciation of colour and typography,
- ability to work directly with designers to implement designs and provide feedback on design if needed,
- excellent communication skills,
- ability to dive in and learn new things to find solutions for technical problems.
Widgets showing live NFL statistics
HTML5 and CSS3 with responsive design. You can see them in action here. Built in cooperation with Sportradar d.o.o.
My main skills
- HTML5 (modern markup),
- CSS3 (modern properties, layout, BEM methodology, web font embedding, SVG, transitions, animations) with CSS pre-processor Sass,
- graphic tools (i.e. Sketch, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator).
Also skilled in
- Git (working with a team of developers, service GitHub & BitBucket),
- cross-browser compatibility testing (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 10+),
- cross-platform compatibility testing (Android, iOS iPhone/iPad) and
- using generators (scaffolding tools i.e. Yeoman) or frameworks (i.e. Bootstrap).
Magical tools I use on a daily basis
- CSS pre-processor Sass,
- package managers yarn, npm and Bower,
- debugging tools Chrome DevTools built into Google Chrome,
- all running on a small thing called Apple MacBook Pro 13-inch, extended to an external 29-inch (ratio 21:9) monitor.
Web application for
HTML5 and CSS3 with responsive design and animations.
How was this site made?
No website template has been used. I have coded it with modern technologies:
- HTML5, CSS3 (using Less), jQuery, preloader (plugin imagesLoaded), animations (plugin animateNumber and jQuery Easing),
- by using responsive design and Bootstrap framework,
- logo, portfolio and contact icons are used in SVG format,
- calculation for working periods (the number of years) are calculated automatically,
- site was checked with PageSpeed Insights,
- cross-browser (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 9+) and cross-platform (Android, iOS iPhone/iPad) compatibility was tested as well.
Design made with This icon should be read as love. by Groga Tancek, Lovro Podobnik and Žiga Vukčevič. Excellent profile This icon should be read as photo. provided by Ana Skobe.
Feel free to see the whole project code at the GitHub site.